GIRL SCOUT GLOSSARY CROSSWORD PUZZLE PLACEMAT ANSWERS
2. Ceremony in which girl forgets her promise after practicing it at least 25
times that afternoon.
3. A geographical subdivision of a council with a fancy name to confuse new
leaders as to where they belong.
4. Poster board announcing, for all to see, who gets to clean the latrine.
10. Girls standing in circle trying to out-squeeze each other's hands.
14. Large group of girls dedicated to making leader insane.
17. A mat or pad, usually somewhere else when you really need it.
18. Special Guiding and Scouting day when leaders worldwide wonder why
they are spending more than an hour a week on somebody elses' girls.
20. A week on the calendar, sometime in March, that overstressed leaders can't
seem to think of anything special to do to celebrate it.
1. Usually called Halloween because that's more "fun".
5. Group of Girl Scouts tripping over each other while banging flag poles into
6. Very short girl with blue smock covering all food, paint, and grubby hand
stains on regular clothes.
7. Tall girl who would rather be caught dead than seen in uniform.
8. Medium size girl dressed in green with sash falling off shoulder.
9. Girl holding up 3 fingers so she has something to look at while saying her
11. Ceremony parents attend to make sure their daughter got more badges than
the neighbor's daughter.
12. Pairing of girls which guarantees they will never be in the same place at the
13. Be Prepared, but any experienced leader actually knows it's Be Flexible.
15. Short girl in brown dress which is either 2 sizes too big or 1 size too small.
16. Hand signal invented by leader with laryngitis.
19. Fancy name to trick the girls into cleaning the latrine.