CLASSROOM ATTENDANCE TIPS
1. Mount the MacSchool Volume (the little red filing cabinet icon) onto your desktop.
2. In the Apple Menu select MacSchool Shell.
3. Select the Classroom Attendance Module
4. Attendance information will be loaded and a screen with a calendar will appear. To change to the
desired month click on the arrow button directly under the present month’s name. The same holds true
for the year. To the right of the calendar are the periods and a list of your classes.
5. Make sure the correct date is highlighted. If there is NOT a line under the date the date has not been
initialized yet and you will not be allowed to enter data. If that happens notify the front office immediately.
6. Double click the mouse on the class for which you wish to enter attendance.
7. The Class list with all your students will appear. If the list is not accurate, please contact the
Counseling Office to make the necessary changes. 100% accuracy here means 100% accuracy in
your grades list.
Classroom Attendance Tips p. 2
8. The attendance codes for all students default to “present”. If all students are present, you will need
to change nothing.
9. To change a student attendance code highlight the student.
10. Double click on the appropriate code in the Period Attendance Codes box. The code should
appear next to the student’s name in the Period box.
(Scroll with the arrows to
reveal other codes......)
Codes used by TEACHERS
The student is not in class
Student is tardy less than 5 minutes
Unexcused >5 min.
Student is tardy more than 5 minutes (counted as
(If a student is late coming to class from another teacher, no mark is recorded)
Codes ONLY USED BY FRONT OFFICE DO NOT CHANGE THESE CODES
E = excused
V = vacation
B = School Business
e = excused late
+ = Suspended
11. When finished editing attendance choose Quit in the File Menu, or use the shortcut
Open Apple - Q keys on your keyboard.
To access student addresses or phone numbers