If you are reading this right now, you have begun discerning whether God might be calling you to serve on the
Holy Spirit Youth Ministry Core Team™. Members of the Holy Spirit Youth Ministry Core Team™, through the
sharing of personal gifts, talents, and abilities have the wonderful privilege to reach out and touch the lives of
many young people in our parish.
Core Team members not only assist the Youth Minister in implementing a variety of tasks related to the
activities done within youth ministry, they also have the opportunity to share in their faith through the lives of
The Holy Spirit Youth Ministry Core Team™ ensures that the pastoral care of young people at Holy Spirit is
rooted in the parish and is integral to the life, work, and mission of the parish community. The Youth Ministry
Core Team consists of adults, college students, and high school students who provide vision, direction, support,
and advocacy for the parish’s ministry to young people
Members of the Holy Spirit Youth Ministry Core Team™ receive the following benefits:
• To be a positive influence in the lives of young people.
• To impact the quality of parish youth programs.
• To use their gifts and talents in furthering the mission and ministry of Holy Spirit Catholic Church.
Roles within the Core Team
The Holy Spirit Youth Ministry Core Team™ is divided up into two groups. Although these two groups are
separate with a different set of responsibilities, the Core Team, as a whole, is one group.
1. Senior Core Team Leader
2. Master Core Team Leader
Members of both groups of the Core Team must exhibit the following qualities:
• A commitment and love of young people.
• A willingness to share their faith in Jesus and their ongoing journey to God with others.
• A willingness to always display good leadership qualities.
• A commitment to be inclusive and accepting of all young people who participate in the program.
• A willingness to be enthusiastic, self‐confide