DODGE COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
Assistant Finance Director
July 24, 2000
Management/Non-union – Ten (10)
Under general direction of the Finance Director, performs various accounting functions including maintaining financial and statistical records,
assists with preparation of annual county budget, assist with internal review of accounting controls and practices, assists in development,
implementation and maintenance of county financial policy and procedures, assists with internal audits, assists with preparation of independent
auditor schedules for financial report preparation, assists with departmental service rate determination, assists with cost benefit report analysis
and assists with accounting systems development and implementation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directly supervises the Finance Department staff and all related work performed, provides training and orientation as needed.
2. In the absence of the Finance Director assumes full responsibility of the office.
3. Maintains county financial charts of accounts, including business unit and object account category codes.
4. Responsible for the county’s general fixed asset system, affecting general ledger entries for additions, disposals and transfers and
monthly depreciation. Processes and distribute related reports.
5. Creates and is responsible for spreadsheet reports to support monthly financial system journal entries, statistical and analytical reports.
6. Prepares schedules for internal and independent financial and compliance audit report.
7. Assist County Administrator and Finance Director with the annual budget documentation, preparation, and presentation.
8. Prepares bank account and financial account analysis and reconciliation.
9. Applies generally accepted accounting and reporting principles in finan