A sophisticated method is indispensable to manage such huge volumes of data. That’s where artificial intelligence comes into play. Therefore investing in AI-based testing tools is the need of the hour. Hire the best DataOps, TDM, and DevOps solutions to achieve the ultimate outcome you desire. Visit Us:https://bit.ly/3uu98iH
What is Test Data Management?
Test data management involves managing data required for running automated tests with
minimal human or manual intervention.
TDM involves 5 different phases-
● Planning phase
● Analysis phase
● Design phase
● Build phase
● Maintenance phase
Planning phase involves the following-
● Forming a test data management team and assigning a test data manager
● Defining necessary datasets for data management
● Preparing the required documentation, including the list of tests and obtaining the
Activities of the analysis phase include-
● Consolidation and collection of test data requirements
● Defining critical policies for data backup, access authority, and storage.
The design phase includes-
● Data distribution
● Test activities
● Document for the data plan
In this stage, the TDM process finally gets implemented. It includes-
● Execution of all the plans prepared in the previous steps.
● Data masking
● Data backup.
Once the TDM process is implemented, firms need to maintain continuous and rigorous
maintenance. The process includes
● Troubleshooting and fixing issues with the test data tools or process
● Updated existing data as required
● Add new data
Hire the best DataOps solutions for optimum results.
Why Is Test Data Management Important?
Automated Testing Demands For Quality Data
No matter how excellent your testing strategy is, feeding incorrect or bad data will get you
bad results. Not taking care of the quality of your test data would be financially draining. All
investments made into your testing strategy will be gone to waste.
Automated Testing Requires Available Data
Another vital responsibility of TDM is ensuring the availability of the test data. Even if the
highest quality data is not available when required, it becomes useless. The only worst
scenario would be to have readily available low-quality data.
Therefore you’ll always need