ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN II
Under supervision of Accounting Manager, performs paraprofessional accounting work in the preparation and maintenance
of various fiscal, financial and statistical records and reports requiring independent use and implementation of technical
accounting principles and procedures; performs related duties as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Audits, reconciles, balances or adjusts accounting records; researches and resolves problems; maintains accounting
2. Prepares fiscal records and reports, which are accomplished by compiling, calculating and input of accounting and
statistical data in accordance with specific reporting formats and fundamental accounting principles.
3. Prepares statistics, bookkeeping and accounting control records such as ledgers, registers, journals, journal entries,
posting to general or subsidiary ledgers, closing and balancing accounts; maintains related files and various bank
balances and deposits.
4. Responds to inquiries that involve searching for abstract technical data, and explains related laws and regulations or
established policies, practices or procedures. Develops methods to resolve problems or discrepancies in accordance
with the established guidelines. Prepares account payable, purchase orders and maintains related records.
5. Administer and collect fees and charges for accounts receivable, business licenses, permits, etc.
Education and/or Experience
Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for
satisfactory job performance. Example combinations include graduation from high school or equivalent, including or
supplemented by course work in accounting, bookkeeping or finance, plus four years of experience in accounting,
preferably in a public agency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities