BL – AIR BAG
CHONAN TECHNICAL TRAINING CENTER
OBJECTIVES OF SUBJECT
To understand on A/Bag System
Operation of Each components
Diagnostic trouble codes
- Make sure that ignition is on off position.
- Disconnect the battery (-) terminal and, make sure it does not come into
contact with the body.
- Wait for about 1 minute.
- Pull off the plug from the connector at DAB,PAB,CAB,BPT.
- Never attempt to disassemble and repair the A/Bag modules
Special Service Tool (1)
Deployment tool (0957A-34100A)
Deployment of undeploy airbag module
SRSCM DEPLOYMENT ADAPTER HARNESS
DAB,BPT: 0957A - 38500
PAB: 0957A – 38100
Special Service Tool (2)
Diagnosis check wire
0957A - 38000
0957A - 38200
DAB, BPT: 0957A - 38400
PAB: 0957A - 38300
Special Service Tool (3)
0957A – 38300
0957A - 38400
Adapter to connect
0957A - 38100
(Use with 0957A
FUNCTIONS OF AIRBAG
Absorbs kinematics energy of occupants.
Protects occupants from interior trims.
Protects occupants from broken glass.
Reduces occupants neck load by
kinematically restraining spin of neck.
Depowered Air bag
March 1997, NHTSA in U.S.A. announced that vehicle
manufacturers can depower (reduce the inflation pressure) all
airbags so that they inflate less aggressively.
* Depowering of 20 to 35 percent of the severity (inflator)
* Purpose of ensuring the female and child
* Added the neck injury criteria
- Flexion Bending Moment 190 Nm
- Extension Bending Moment 57 Nm
- Axial Tension 3300 peak N
- Axial Compression 4000 peak N
- Fore-and-after Shear 3100 peak N
* Widely plan to apply to 98MY
* Be allowed until Aug. 31, 2001.
♣ CRASH SENSING
♣ IGNITION THE INFLATOR
♣ PRODUCE GAS TO DEPLOY AIRBAG
♣ BAG DEPLOYING
♣ FULL DEPOLYMENT OF