Atlas Copco Proposal
Presentation by: Fundamental Solutions
Michael Yong 10141873
Jaime Sotelo 02120513
Tro Diep 10099909
Wendy Li 10077422
Introduction to team members
• Michael Yong
(CPA) Accountant 5 years PQE
• Jaime Sotelo
Quality Manager, Certified
Auditor, Process Improvement
• Tro Diep
• Wendy Li
• Team industry experience is diversified: IT, retail, heavy
engineering (hardware & software quality), publishing,
telecommunications, manufacturing, food distribution.
• Combined working experience is 45 years.
• Power tool market in 2002 equaled $535m in
• This represented growth on 2001 of 4%
[Source: Archer Market Research (2003)].
• Atlas Copco’s competitors reduce their prices,
potentially threatening its market share.
Key product segments accounted
for 87% sales [Source: Millward
• Technological changes are shaping the number
• Research shows women are purchasing power
tools in greater numbers.
• Of the tools they purchased, 45% were drill
• Preliminary findings suggest that the power tool
market is mature (<5% growth pa).
• This is unleashing competitive forces that threaten
to maintain profit margins (pricing, logistics,
• In light of the above, buyer behavior is changing,
creating new opportunities and posing new
To determine the impact on
existing and new segments,
• Customer Value Analysis
• Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
• Market Segment Analysis
• PEST Analysis
• Supply Chain Analysis
• SWOT Analysis
• Results of Analysis
• Executive Summary & Recommendations
Team values to add
• Team skills set covers such areas as Accounting,
Finance, Information Technology, Marketing,
Quality, Business Improvement, and Operations.
• Skills set aligned with Project requirements.
• Team members