H O M E P R O D U C T S
SNOWTHROWER SERVICE MANUAL
To the technician using this manual:
This technical manual includes sections of the consumers owners manual to allow the
you to see the instructions given to the consumer or retail store. These pages will
have the word CONSUMER in smaller print in the heading.
For the purpose of this manual we selected a model that has as many features as pos-
sible. You may work on models that do not have power steering, a headlight, or the
auger may be 24, 27, or 30 inches wide. This manual is written to cover the most
Section 7 will deal with SYSTEMS AND REPAIR PROCEDURES. Included in this section
will be the exploded parts listing from a snowthrower. This will allow you so compare
the pictures with the instructions to the parts illustrations. The part numbers will not
be shown as they will change on different models. You should refer to the parts list
for the specific model you are working on when ordering parts.
When working on a snowthrower or any lawn and garden equipment develop and follow
safe working practices:
* Wear appropriate close fitting clothing.
* Use safety equipment, i.e. gloves, safety glasses or hearing protection.
* Always remove the spark plug wire when working on a machine.
* Use the proper tools and use torque wrench on fasteners indicated in this manual.
* Use power tools only to loosen threaded fasteners.
* Be extremely careful with fuel. Keep the lid and vent closed on gasoline containers
and away from sunlight, heat, flames, or sparks.
* Follow safety recommendations from other manuals and the consumer safety rules
on pages 4 and 5. We should set a good example for the customer and follow the
practices we expect them to follow.
The following section labeled 'Customer Responsibilities' is in the owners manual:
• Read and observe the safety rules.
• Follow a regular schedule in maintaining, caring for and using your snow thrower.
• Follow the instructions under “Maint