1) Why is IEEE 802.11 wireless technology able to transmit further distances
than Bluetooth technology?
transmits at much lower frequencies
* has higher power output
transmits at much higher frequencies
uses better encryption methods
2) What are three advantages of wireless over wired technology? (Choose three.)
* anytime, anywhere connectivity
* easy and inexpensive to install
ease of using licensed air space
* ease of adding additional devices
3) What are two benefits of wireless networking over wired networking?
* reduced installation time
allows users to share more resources
not susceptible to interference from other devices
4) A technician has been asked to provide wireless connectivity to the wired
Ethernet network of a building. Which three factors affect the number of access
points needed? (Choose three.)
* the size of the building
* the number of solid interior walls in the building
* the presence of microwave ovens in several offices
the encryption method used on the wireless network
the use of both Windows and Appletalk operating systems
the use of shortwave or infrared on the AP
5) Why is security so important in wireless networks?
Wireless networks are typically slower than wired networks.
Televisions and other devices can interfere with wireless signals.
* Wireless networks broadcast data over a medium that allows easy access.
Environmental factors such as thunderstorms can affect wireless networks.
6) What does the Wi-Fi logo indicate about a wireless device?
IEEE has approved the device.
The device is interoperable with all other wireless standards.
* The device is interoperable with other devices of the same standard that also
display the Wi-Fi logo.
The device is backwards compatible with all previous wireless standards.
7) Which statement is true concerning wireless bridges?
* connects two networks with a wireless link