Service Repair Manual
325D and 325D L Excavator
Tool Part Number
Transmission Stand Group
Retaining Ring Pliers
Duo-Cone Seal Installer As
Thread Lock Compound
Leak Down Test Tool
1. Make sure that all parts of the final drive are thoroughly clean and free of dirt and debris
prior to assembly. Check the condition of all O-ring seals that are used in the final drive. If
any of the seals are damaged, use new parts for replacement. Reassemble the final drive on
Tooling (A) .
2. Apply Tooling (H) to the surfaces inside sprocket housing (35) that make contact with the
bearing cups. Install a bearing cup that is in each side of the sprocket housing with a press.
Make sure that the bearing cups are properly seated.
3. Apply Tooling (H) to the surfaces inside the motor housing that make contact with bearing
cones (42) .
4. Install inner bearing cone (42) on the motor housing.
325D & 325D L Excavators KBE00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C7 Engine(...
5. Attach Tooling (F) and a suitable lifting device to sprocket housing (35) . The weight of
sprocket housing (35) is approximately 109 kg (240 lb). Install sprocket housing (35) on the
motor housing. Carefully install outer bearing cone (42) on the sprocket housing.
6. Adjust the bearing preload of the final drive. Determine the correct amount of shims (40)
that are required for the proper bearing preload, as follows:
325D & 325D L