Battle of the Books
Team Registration Form, 2009
Team name :________________________Date___________
Please Print Clearly
Team Manager’s Name__________________________________________ Phone _________________________
Address _____________________________________ City______________________ __________Zip___________
E-mail ___________________________________________ (e-mail address is for Battle of the Books use
only, specifically, winners making it into the Final Round will be notified by e-mail. If you do not have an e-mail account,
please stop in the Library and we can show you how to set up a free account through Yahoo.)
The Team Manager agrees to:
1. Serve as the contact person between the team and the school/Library.
2. Supervise the team for the entire Battle of the Books program and encourage them to have fun with the
program. (Please make sure that each of the titles has been read by at least two team members.)
3. Return this filled-in registration form to your school media center.
4. Assist as a table-monitor during the semi-final round held at your school on Thursday, March 26, 2009.
(Your school will notify you of the specific time and room.)
If your team qualifies as one of the sixty top-scoring teams that will compete in the final
“Battle” on Monday, April 20, 2009, 7:00-9:00 pm at the William Costick Activities Center:
(You will be notified by e-mail and e-mailed a packet of instructions.)
5. Pass along the information sent in the Manager’s packet to the members of your team.
6. Encourage your team to plan a team costume (creative, not expensive—team hats or shirts, etc)
7. Provide or arrange transportation for team members to and from Dublin Hall—William Costick Activities
Center on Monday, April 20, 2009. (Battle begins at 7:00pm)
8. Assist as a table monitor during the final competition of the Battle of the Books contest on April 20, 2009 at
7:00pm, Dublin Hall—W