* Please get a parent or adult’s supervision before you try these recipes! *
(It’s better than getting in trouble later.)
Fun Dessert Recipes
In Scream for Ice Cream, everyone in River Heights tries to come up with the perfect ice cream recipe. It’s
actually very easy to make your own homemade ice cream. All you need is a few simple ingredients, a little
bit of patience, and a sweet tooth! Here are some easy recipes for ice cream and other tasty treats that you
can make with your friends. Enjoy!
Nancy, Bess, and George’s Coffee-Can Ice Cream
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 4 cups crushed ice
• 4 tablespoons salt
• Standard size coffee can with plastic lid
• Economy size (jumbo) coffee can with plastic lid
• A hand towel or gloves to keep fingers from freezing. Brrr!
1. Mix the milk, vanilla, and sugar together in the smaller coffee can.
2. Seal the can with its plastic lid, and then put the sealed can inside the larger can.
3. Fill the larger can with ice and salt, and seal with the plastic lid. Now you have one can
4. Using your hands, roll the can back and forth on the ground until the ice cream is firm.
Five to ten minutes is enough time for the mixture to freeze.
5. Grab a spoon, dig in, and enjoy!
• Graham crackers
• Hershey chocolate bar
• Large marshmallows
1. Break graham crackers in half.
2. Cut chocolate bar into squares.
3. Place 2 squares of chocolate onto half of a graham cracker.
4. Put marshmallow on top of the chocolate.
5. Heat in microwave on high for 20 seconds.
6. When marshmallows puff up, take the s’more out of the microwave and top with another
half of graham cracker.
• 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate chips
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/2 cup sugar
• Pinch of salt
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Mix chocolate chips and milk together in a small microwavab