Dankort and Visa/Dan-
kort terms and condi-
Useful advice – Dankort, Visa/Dankort,
BlueCard and Visa/BlueCard
Debit cards are one of the safest means of
payment available today, and the misuse of Dan-
kort is negligible. If you follow the advice below
you will help to make them even safer.
1. Useful advice – Dankort, Visa/Dankort and
• Consider your Dankort, Visa/Dankort, BlueCard
and Visa/BlueCard as cash. Keep it safe at home
as well as away from home. Do not leave it for
others to see.
• Memorise your PIN. Use a PIN memoriser if
you are not sure whether you will always be able
to remember your PIN. You will find a PIN me-
moriser on the last page but they are also availa-
ble at www.dankort.dk or at Sydbank.
• Never reveal your PIN to others – it is personal
and confidential and no one else must know
• Do not use your PIN as a password in other
• Protect your PIN when entering it. Make sure
that you are not overlooked by anyone.
• Never sign a receipt before the total amount
has been filled in.
• Remember your receipt and save it for when
you check your statement.
• Compare your receipts with your bank state-
ments or via your netbank.
• Check regularly that you have not lost your
• Take immediate action if your card is lost or if
you suspect that it has been misused. Contact
Sydbank or PBS as soon as possible.
2. Useful advice – Visa/Dankort and Visa/
Use your PIN with care
You may use your PIN only in ATMs, payment
machines and shops where the Visa logo is dis-
Remember your passport
Often financial institutions abroad will ask to see
your passport if you wish to make cash withdra-
wals over the counter.
3. If your Dankort, Visa/Dankort, Visa/
BlueCard or BlueCard is lost or stolen
Report it immediately if your Dankort, Visa/Dan-
kort, Visa/BlueCard or BlueCard is lost or stolen.
Also if you suspect that someone knows your
PIN or that others are using your card or card