Community & Government Relations Coordinator - Page 1
CITY OF KENNEWICK
Community & Government Relations Coordinator
Corporate & Community Services
Date Updated: July 1, 2003
Title Of Immediate Supervisor: Director of Employee and Community Relations
Under general direction, coordinates community and media relations to create public awareness and
understanding of City services, and to promote a positive image of the City and the community.
The primary mission of all employees is to provide the citizens of the City of Kennewick with the most
efficient and effective service possible. Salaries are paid by the taxes, revenues, and users fees collected
from the citizens of Kennewick. Each employee is expected to treat all people with the courtesy and
respect due them at all times.
1. Composes and coordinates news or public relations items such as newspaper articles, stories, bulletins,
speeches, reports, letters and radio and television scripts.
2. Coordinates communication and related activities with other City departments, the media, governmental
and private agencies, other organizations and the general public.
3. Serves as the community relation’s liaison and contact point for citizens and community groups wanting
access to the City government including coordinating with community event groups such as First Night,
Sister Cities and Centennial, and supporting tourism activities at the request of the Tourism Coordinator.
4. Provides professional communications information and assistance to other City departments,
committees and commissions.
Community & Government Relations Coordinator - Page 2
5. Assists in preparing and monitoring the annual budget for assigned programs and activities.