1) How large are IPv4 addresses?
* 32 bits
Refer to the graphic. A user at the workstation cannot connect to the server. All
cables have been tested and are working and all devices have IP addressing.
However, the user cannot ping the server. What is causing the problem?
The router interface does not have a default gateway.
The switch does not have an IP address and default gateway.
* The workstation and server are on different logical networks.
The workstation does not know the MAC address of the switch.
3) Which part of an IP address identifies a specific device on a network?
first two octets
third and fourth octets
* host portion
only the fourth octet
4) Given a host with the IP address 184.108.40.206 and a default subnet mask, to
which network does the host belong?
5) Which default subnet mask provides the most host bits?
6) How many bits are available for Class B host IP addresses using a default
7) How many usable hosts are available given a Class C IP address with the
default subnet mask?
8) Assuming a default mask, which portion of the IP address 220.127.116.11
represents the host?
9) Which of the following are private IP addresses? (Choose three.)
10) What destination IP address is used in a unicast packet?
* a specific host
a group of hosts
the default gateway
the network broadcast address
11) What is the destination MAC address in a multicast Ethernet frame?
the MAC address of the sending host
the MAC address of the destination host
* an address that begins with 01-00-5E in hexadecimal
a 48-bit hexadecimal addres