Applicants to this programme must have passed the following examinations
1. Capital Markets and Financial Advisory Services (CMFAS) Module 5 and
Module 8 or Module 9, as well as SCI Certificate in Health Insurance, OR
2. SCI Certificate in Financial Needs Analysis and Plan Construction.
Examination Schedule, Format & Fees
Please refer to SCI website at www.scicollege.org.sg for details.
Maximum Period For Completion
To obtain the Diploma in Financial Planning/Diploma in Life Insurance,
candidates must pass all five modules within 3 consecutive years. The qualifying
period commences in the year in which the first module is passed or exempted.
Candidates who have passed or been exempted from any module for more
than 3 years are required to resit that particular examination.
You may request for an exemption for any SCI DipFP/DLI module if you hold a
qualification that you consider may provide the basis for exemption.
To qualify for exemption of any SCI DipFP/DLI module, the qualification/
subject(s) in consideration must meet the following requirements:
1. The qualification / subject(s) in consideration must match at least
80% of the syllabus of the SCI DipFP/DLI module to be exempted, and
their assessment / examination must be of comparable standard to
SCI assessments / examinations with a minimum of 70% match to SCI
assessment / examination process.
2. The applicant must have obtained the qualification for not more than 10
years from the date of application.
3. The qualification is awarded by an institution or professional body
recognised by SCI.
4. The qualification is of an equivalent or of a higher academic standard than
that of SCI qualification. The subject in the applicant’s qualification must
have been obtained by the applicant by taking the examination and not
by exemption or transfer of credit from a course or programme previously
5. Partial qualification obtained from any other institution or professional
body will not be consi