Employee - Please keep this notice for your records.
Notice to Employee
Authorized by MCL 421.1, est. seq.
Keep this notice. If you become unemployed, the information on this notice is needed to determine your
unemployment benefit rights.
To file a claim for benefits, BRING the following items to the UA branch office nearest your home:
1. This notice. (If you have notices from more than one employer, bring all such notices.)
2. Your Social Security Card.
3. One other item of identification such as a driver’s license, voter’s registration, etc.
To Employers: A completed copy of this notice must be given to each employee before or when he/she
is separated from your employ. Complete by entering the following information in the space below:
1. Employer’s name and UA Account Number.
2. Complete address (including zip code) where wage and separation information is available
covering the worker given this notice.
Unemployment Compensation Office
3003 S. State St., Room 4073
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1281
MESC ACCOUNT # 0800 500 001
THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
Unemployment Compensation Notice
Be sure to keep this notice.
Failure to present this notice when you file your claim may delay payment of benefits. This notice tells
UA branch office staff the account number of the employer for whom you worked. It is needed to secure
wage information to determine your benefit rights.
What Day To Go To The UA Office
If the last figure of your Social Security Number is:
0 or 1 ….. report on Monday
2 or 3 ….. report on Tuesday
4 or 5 ….. report on Wednesday
6 or 7 ….. report on Thursday
8 or 9 ….. report on Friday
You will never be penalized for waiting until your first reporting day after you are laid off.
To receive unemployment compensation you must be completely eligible and qualified. You must:
File a claim and report as directed.
2. Register for work as directed by your UA branch office.
3. Have earned sufficient wage credits.
4. Be able to work; available for suitable, full-time work; and seek