Artist Project Grant – Fall
2008-09 Application Instructions
Orange County Arts Commission
Promoting the artistic and cultural development of Orange County, North Carolina
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE FUNDED
The Orange County Arts Commission offers the Artist Project Grants Spring & Fall to aid local
artists developing high-quality arts activities in Orange County. Funds originate from the
Orange County Board of County Commissioners.
• Professional artists coordinating arts activities that benefit Orange County citizens.
Grant Funds Available
• Grants available up to $1,000.00.
• Each grant must be matched on a one-to-one basis with cash.
• Funds will be used in project period: January 1, 2009 – December 31, 2009.
• Funds will be spent for allowable uses only (see below).
Deadline: Monday, November 24, 2008, by 5:00 PM at the Arts Commission office.
• Application packet, see Grant Application Form, Page Two.
• Application deadline is a “delivery by” not a “postmarked by” deadline.
• Fax or email applications will not be accepted.
• Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Allowable Uses of Arts Program Grant
Program expenses such as artists’ fees and travel, space rental, advertising, publicity, scripts,
costumes, sets, props, music, art supplies and framing, training, and equipment rental or
All applicants will be notified about the status of their application in writing in December, 2008.
• Artistic merit of program – excellence of art form.
• People served – numbers, geographic location & traditionally under-served populations.
• Likelihood that applicant will complete grant project as proposed.
• Evidence that project shows planning and cooperation between applicant and local
• Proof of community support and responsiveness to community needs, such as letters of
• Emerging artists are encouraged to apply.