1 6 6 4 S . E U G E N E S T R E E • B A T O N R O U G E , L A 7 0 8 08 • 2 2 5 - 4 4 8 - 5 9 3 7
C M T U S A @L S U . E D U • W W W. CH R I S T O P H E R T U S A . CO M
M.F.A., Creative Writing, University of Florida, 2000.
Poetry Thesis: Inventing an End, directed by Sidney Wade.
M.A., English, Southeastern Louisiana University, 1998.
Poetry Thesis: In the Darkness of Our Lives, directed by Jack Bedell.
B.A., English, Southeastern Louisiana University, 1996.
Fall 2000-present Louisiana State University Baton Rouge, LA
▪ Courses taught include the following (most exclusively in computer classrooms):
▪ English 2007: Creative Writing: Poetry ▪ English 2025: Fiction
▪ English 3086: Contemporary Literature ▪ Englsih 3002: Technical Writing
▪ English 2002: Business Writing ▪ English 1001: Freshman Composition
▪ English 1002: Argumentative Writing ▪ English 2000: Composition
▪ English 2123: Manipulating the Masses
Spring 2002-2004 Baton Rouge Arts Council Baton Rouge, LA
Artist in the Schools
▪ Conduct creative writing workshops at local elementary schools.
▪ Responsible for organization and management of student readings.
Work extensively with elementary schools teachers to help them to incorporate the use of
poetry into their existing curriculum.
Fall 1998- Spring 2000 University of Florida Gainesville, FL
Courses taught: CRW 1301: Beginning Poetry Writing, English 1102: Writing about Literature,
English 1102L: Writing about Literature Laboratory, English 1101: Argumentative Writing,
English 1101L: Writing Laboratory.
Spring 2005-present Poetry Southeast