PALM BEACH GARDENS COLUMBUS DAY SHOOTOUT
TOURNAMENT RULES – ALL DIVISIONS
1) Age of Players - Playing age as of April 30th, 2009
2) Team Roster - All teams will submit their roster along with copies of Birth Certificate and
Release Forms for each player at team sign in.
3) Managers & Coaches - Only 3 coaches per team allowed on the field. Coaches must wear the
same or similar colored shirts as the team. Sneakers or cleats are the only acceptable footwear.
The use of Tobacco products is strictly prohibited!
4) Base Runner - If a coach touches base runner while play is in progress, the runner will be called
out! A courtesy runner may be used only when a runner is injured and will be the player who
made the last out. Speed-up rules will be in play - Catcher only - use non-playing substitute or
last batted out at any time.
5) NO BUTCHER BOY ALLOWED IN ALL AGE GROUPS (fake bunt/swing away) - umpire will
have full discretion & batter will be called OUT & play called dead.
6) EH - 8U – 12U - may be allowed to have an EH (extra hitter) in the lineup. 9 play on the field
with a 10th player as EH (free substitute). The EH may freely substitute in the field defensively
but must remain in the same batting order. The EH must start game on bench.
13 & 14U - only 9 batters allowed in lineup. All others are substitutes with above re-entry rule
for starter. NO EH allowed.
7) If team fields 8 players - 9th batter is automatically OUT. Less than 8 players – team forfeits.
8) Lineups - must be submitted to the Home Plate Umpire prior to the game & opposing team
within 20 minutes prior to game time.
9) Flip for HOME TEAM during seeding games. Dugouts will be first come/first serve basis during
seeding games. Once championship round begins - higher seeded team will be HOME team &
take appropriate dugout.
10) NO INFIELD PRACTICE ALLOWED PRIOR TO GAMES.
11) Each team will provide their own baseballs . Estimate at least 2 new baseballs & 1 used