March 30, 2008
LOWER-DIVISION TRANSFER PATTERN
California State University (CSU) Statewide Pattern
The Lower-Division Transfer Pattern (LDTP) consists of the CSU statewide pattern of coursework outlined
below, plus campus-specific coursework, bringing the total pattern to at least 60 but no more than 70
transferable semester units for students to complete at a California Community College (CCC).
The CSU statewide pattern of coursework for CCC students who plan to major in Civil Engineering at any CSU
campus offering the major includes:
• Partial completion of lower-division general education requirements, following the CSU General Education
• Completion of the CSU graduation requirements in United States History, Constitution and American Ideals;
• Completion additional semester units as specified below in (3) to (10).
Please note that the information here is an academic and curricular advising tool: a roadmap that enables
transfer students to efficiently and effectively progress towards the CSU baccalaureate degree in a specified
discipline. California Community College students should work closely with their advisers when planning their
academic program in preparation for transfer to the CSU.
This information does not represent any guarantee with regard to admission nor does it include or replace CSU
campus admissions impaction criteria (see http://www.calstate.edu/AR/impactioninfo.shtml). These curricular
guidelines are subject to change.
CSU Statewide Pattern
(1) Complete the following lower-division general education requirements areas:
• A course that articulates with CSU GE Breadth AREA A1, Oral
• A course that articulates with CSU GE Breadth AREA A2, Written
• A course that articulates with CSU GE Breadth AREA B2, Life Science.
• A course that articulates with CSU GE Breadth AREA C, Arts, Literature,
Philosophy, and Foreign Languages.