Cummings Research Park
Cummings Research Park, located primar-
ily in the city of Huntsville, Alabama is the
second largest research park in the United
States, and the fourth largest in the world.
The Research Triangle Park in North Caro-
lina is the only research park in the United
States that is larger. Cummings Research
Park is a member of the Association of
University Research Parks (AURP ). The
University of Alabama in Huntsville serves as
anchor tenant for the park. UAHuntsville is a
comprehensive research university with more
than 7,400 students. Half of the university’s
graduates earn a degree in science or
Cummings Research Park was voted as
the Most Outstanding Science Park in the
World in 1997 by the AURP .
The location of CRP in the Huntsville-Dec-
atur Combined Statistical Area and close
proximity to the Redstone Arsenal and Mar-
shall Space Flight Center has built the park
into one of the world’s leading science and
technology business parks.
The park can be viewed while traveling on
Interstate 565, and Research Park Boulevard
• Cummings Research Park covers an area
of 3,843 acres (15.55 km2), and employs
roughly 23,000 employees.
• There are currently 175 buildings that
house over 225 different companies.
• The park has a current capacity of
9,000,000 square feet (840,000 m2).
Companies Within Cum-
mings Research Park
• AAI Corporation
• ACS Government Services
• ADS Corporation
• Advanced Optical Systems, Inc.
• Advanced Systems Development, Inc.
• Advanced Systems Technology
• AEgis Technologies Group, Inc.
• Aero Thermo Technology, Inc (AT)
• AJT & Associates, Inc.
• Alabama Supercomputer Authority (ASA)
• Alabama Technology Network
• Alion Science & Technology
• Allied Electronics, Inc.
• Amedisys Home Health of Huntsville
• Amtec Corporation
• Analytical Services, Inc. (ASI)
• Applied Data Trends, Inc.
• Applied Genomics
• A-P-T Research, Inc.
• Arcata Associates, Inc.
• ARINC Engineering Services, LLC
• Arrow Electroni