Service Repair Manual
345C and 345C L Excavator
Model: 345C EXCAVATOR PJW
Configuration: 345C L Hydraulic Excavator PJW00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C13 Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
345C Excavator and 345C MHPU
Mobile Hydraulic Power Unit Machine Systems
Media Number -RENR8612-06
Publication Date -01/02/2013
Date Updated -21/02/2013
Final Drive - Assemble
SMCS - 4050-016
Tool Part Number
Transmission Repair Stand
Retaining Ring Pliers
Duo-Cone Seal Installer As 1
Thread Lock Compound
1. Make sure that all parts of the final drive are thoroughly clean and free of dirt and debris
prior to assembly. Check the condition of all O-ring seals that are used in the final drive. If
345C L Hydraulic Excavator PJW00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C13 Engin...
any of the seals are damaged, use new parts for replacement. Reassemble the final drive on
Tooling (A) .
2. Apply Tooling (H) to the surfaces inside sprocket housing (35) that makes contact with the
bearing cups. Install a bearing cup that is in each side of the sprocket housing with a press.
Make sure that the bearing cups are properly seated.
3. Apply Tooling (H) to the surfaces inside the motor housing that makes contact with bearing
cones (42) .
4. Install inner bearing cone (42) on the motor housing.
5. Apply Tooling (F) and a suitable