City of Kenmore
Positions Supervised: None
$2,737 - $3,285 per month, DOQ
Performs wide variety of regular and recurring accounting functions and financial record keeping tasks such
as calculation, creating and posting journal entries, verifying, processing invoices for payment, bank and
account reconciliation, cash receipts and disbursements, complete month and year-end reconciliation and
closing. Runs payroll. Assists in the preparation of the annual budget and annual financial report.
High school graduate and three years of general accounting experience, one of which is in municipal or
government accounting. Any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the
ability to perform the work may substitute. Operate a ten-key calculator by touch, experience in Word for
Windows word processing, Excel spread sheets. Prefer experience with ASP Budgetary Accounting Program
and municipal experience.
1. Maintain accurate records and files, to assist in the areas of expenditure control, budget monitoring and
2. Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual financial statements for external and internal users.
3. Research and review financial data to assist other departments in preparing special reports or projects.
4. Perform bank and account reconciliation.
5. Process bi-weekly payroll, including collecting/auditing timecards, data entry, report generation, direct
deposit management. Also prepare and submit quarterly L&I and Federal Withholding reports.
6. Verify, edit and format documents and correspondence that includes proprietary and confidential
7. Assist in preparation and monitoring of the City’s annual budget and annual report.
8. Assist the State Auditor during audits.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires frequent sitting. The employee is required to