For a life gone digital™
CNET Content Syndication Guide
CNET helps users make sense of the CE World
With more than 100 years of combined
editorial expertise, the CNET team is
dedicated to providing consumers with
the most accurate, timely, and
unbiased information about the hottest
tech products on the market.
What is CNET?
• We are unbiased experts dedicated to giving users
the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.
• We review thousands of CE products using strict testing protocols.
• We produce thousands of product-related, help & how-to, and tech
news videos, generating over 10 million streams a month.
• We serve over 35 global markets in 18 languages.
CNET is the largest tech media brand in the world.
CNET Content Available for Syndication
- Reviews (“Good, Bad, Bottom Line” & Long Form)
- Shopping Services
- Videos (“First Looks,” “Help & How To”, & Video Feeds)
- Buying Guides
REVIEWS DRIVE USAGE
- 91% of US adults regularly or occasionally seek
advice about products or services.
- 71% of online shoppers read reviews.
(Forrester Research: www.forrester.com)
- Ratings and Reviews are the second most important site feature behind search.
- 39% of those who bought from sites with reviews cite the reviews as the primary factor
influencing the purchase decision. Among first-time buyers on review-equipped sites, 42%
said they were the primary factor. (Foresee: www.foreseeresults.com)
- Reviews not only help conversions but also drive traffic.
63% of consumers indicate
they are more likely to purchase
from a site if it has product
ratings and reviews.
Capsule Reviews – “Good, Bad, Bottom Line”
- CNET Editor’s star rating
- Product photo
- Basic specs
- “Good, Bad, Bottom Line” summary
Available via XML feed or A