Timothy P. Cahill
Treasurer and Receiver General
Mark J. Cavanagh
Supporting the 351 Cities and Towns of Massachusetts
LICENSE APPLICATION INFORMATION
Massachusetts State Lottery Commission (MSLC) licenses are issued subject to the requirements of
MGL C 10 C 22 et. seq and 961 CMR 2.00-4.00.
No federal, state, county, or municipal employee or a member of the immediate family, as defined in
Chapter 10, Section 27 of the Massachusetts General Laws, shall sell, or be issued a license to sell
MSLC sales agent licenses are not transferable. If you have purchased or are in the process of buying
a business establishment that is currently licensed to sell MSLC products, you must apply for a new
license to sell MSLC products.
Our Licensing Department, which is located in our Braintree Office, processes all applications. If you
have any questions, please call the Licensing Department at 781–849–5555 ext. 5739.
• There is a $200 non-refundable application fee.
• MSLC agents are charged a $2.00 per diem service fee.
• MSLC agents are also charged a $2.00 per diem bonding fee.
Additional Lottery information is located on our Website – www.masslottery.com
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Stage I Document Review
• An MSLC representative will conduct a review of your application to ensure that all required
documents have been completed and submitted.
If the application is incomplete, it will be returned.
If the application is complete, notification will be sent and the review process will continue.
Stage II Financial Review
• All current owners, partners, members, managers or officers listed on the application are
subject to a credit check by the MSLC.
• All debts assigned to any prior MSLC license at the proposed location must be satisfied
prior to the conclusion of the financial review. A new license may not be issued to a
location with any outstanding Lottery debt.
Stage III Criminal History Investi