Balance Transfers – Terms and Conditions
1. The final approval for the Balance Transfer is subject to the performance on your
Barclaycard at the time the request is received.
2. Balance transfer requests can be made only for amounts equal to or more than Rs.1,000.
The maximum Balance Transfer that can be availed is up to 90% of Available Credit Limit.
3. Under the Balance Transfer offer the Credit Limit on your Barclaycard will be blocked for
the amount, which has been transferred. The Credit Limit will be released as and when the
amount is billed and paid for in subsequent months.
4. Customers will be eligible to book up to 3 active Balance Transfer Requests on their Credit
Cards, subject to each of them being more than Rs.1000 and sufficient Credit Limit being
available. After One Balance transfer has been paid off, a fresh balance request can take its
5. Barclaycard will send the Demand Draft (DD) favouring the other Credit Card (other than
Barclaycards) for the Approved Transfer Amount to your Mailing Address which you can
deposit with your other Credit Card to make payment against the amount so requested for
transfer to Barclaycard and you shall continue to be responsible for making any other
payments which are due against you in favour of other Credit Card. Alternatively the
payment may also be done through a Visa Money Transfer which will be directly Credited
to the other Bank Credit Card within 3 working days.
6. Barclays Bank PLC and / or the Barclaycard will not be held liable for Service Charges or
Late Payment Charges debited to your other Credit Card for any reason whatsoever
7. The Facility to transfer balance at a promotional Balance Transfer Interest Rate is available
only for drafts taken in the name of a Competition Bank Credit Card Account. Balance
transfer cannot be availed for clearing any other outstanding.
8. Transfer of balances from/to other Barclaycards will not be accepted
9. The first billing (Minimum Due % of total transferred amount) against the