E i g h t h G r a d e W a s h i n g t o n D . C T r i p
May 16-22, 2009
Parent Information Meeting
Thursday, October 23rd
Welcome to the first step in planning your student’s Eighth Grade Washington D.C. trip. This
will be the 15th year that St. Margaret’s students have traveled as an eighth grade class with the
tour group WorldStrides. We want to thank you for helping to provide your child with this once
in a lifetime academic and social experience.
What you need to do to register your student
Fill out the attached WorldStrides registration brochure and send it along with a deposit of
$79.00 in the attached envelope to WorldStrides. You may also register your child online at
www.worldstrides.com and pay with a credit card. Make sure you reference trip ID number
21661. They will be billing you for the remainder of the cost. Please register your child and
pay the deposit by November 7th to reserve a spot for your child. The overall cost of the trip is
$2199.00 for students in a quad room. All registration takes place directly with WorldStrides.
Other steps that you should take to prepare for the trip
1. Keep the school informed of any address, phone number, cellular number, pager or insurance
changes which may occur throughout the year.
2. Nurse Carol Keith recommends that all eighth grade students have an updated tetanus shot as
a precautionary measure in case of an accident during the trip.
3. Any medication which the student will need to take during the trip will need to be given to
Nurse Carol Keith before the trip along with the written permission form (Medical Order)
completed by the doctor.
4. Consider giving your child items for the trip as Birthday, Christmas and promotion presents
(spending money, luggage, camera) - encourage extended family members to do the same.
5. Take a look at the WorldStrides website: www.worldstrides.com
Chaperones for the trip
The trip will be chaperoned by Amanda Hudson, Mike Allison and other Middle School faculty