MOLECULAR SIMULATIONS INCORPORATED
AMENDMENT TO EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
This is an Amendment (hereinafter "Amendment") to the Employment Agreement ("Employment Agreement")
dated November 30, 1995 between Michael J. Savage ("Employee"), an individual residing in San Diego, CA,
and Molecular Simulations Incorporated (the "Company"), a corporation organized and existing under the laws of
the State of Delaware, with its principal place of business at 9685 Scranton Road, San Diego, CA. This
Amendment is made by and between Employee and the Company as of the first day of October, 1997.
NOW, THEREFORE, the parties agree as follows:
1. 1997 Salary. The first sentence of Section 2.1 of the Employment Agreement, Agreement is hereby amended
in its entirety to read as follows:
"Effective January 1, 1997, Employee shall be compensated at an annual base salary of one hundred ninety-five
thousand dollars ($195,000) during the Term of this Agreement."
2. 1997 Bonus Target and Bonus Calculations. For purposes of Section 2.3 of the Employment Agreement,
Employee's target bonus for 1997 shall be one hundred forty-six thousand dollars ($146,000). Such bonus for
1997 shall be based on the achievement of the revenue and income goals for MSI set forth on
Exhibit A hereto, and such bonus will be adjusted upwardly or downwardly based on performance against such
goals in the manner described in Exhibit A.
3. Amendment to Severance Provisions. Clause (a) of Section 7.3 of the Employment Agreement is hereby
amended in its entirety to read as follows:
"(a) Employee will be entitled to receive his 1997 base salary during each of the two years following the effective
date of his termination of employment (the "Severance Period")."
4. Employee's Change of Address. For purposes of Section 8.3 of the Employment Agreement, Employee's
current address is 13586 Penfield Point, San Diego, CA 92130.
5. General. Except as amended hereby, the Employment Agreement shall remain in full force and effec