The Whole People of God P VI-
Primary Lesson Plan (Grade 2 & 3)Purpose
Spread God’s Love to Everyone
UNIT VI, WEEK 2
April 15, 2007
BELIEVING THE GOOD NEWS
To explore our doubts and beliefs about the resurrection.
• Read the biblical background for April 15.
• Decorate room with yellow and white streamers, fresh flowers such as daffodils, Easter lilies,
etc. Bring a bare branch anchored in a container, yellow and white balloons, felt pens, twist ties
or masking tape. Make a sign “Alleluia, Jesus is Risen!” and tape it to the top of the branch.
• Bring Lenten Triad and matches (from Unit V).
• Bring teaching pictures “Waving the Palm Branches,” “Sharing a Meal,” “The Three Crosses,”
“The Empty Tomb,” (from Unit V) and “In a Locked Room,” “Jesus Appears to His Disci-
ples,” “Thomas Experiences the Risen Christ”, and Good News Bible marked at John 20:19-29.
• Option A: Cut out several cardboard patterns of each of the 4 different sizes of butterfly shapes
(see Resource Sheet). Bring 4-5 colors of paper, pencils, scissors, glue, felt pens or crayons.
• Option B: Bring a roll of adding machine paper, approximately 4" wide, scissors, masking
tape, and felt pens.
• Option C: Bring cotton balls pre-dipped in perfume, white paper, pencils, green pipe cleaners,
florist’s tape or masking tape and scissors. Make up a sample lily.
• Check the birthday list.
• Take time to think about what helps and what hinders your believing the Good News.
Opening Song, Attendance, Birthdays, Offering,
Prayer: Dear God,
Thank you for the Good News of Easter.
Help us understand more about it today
as we learn and celebrate together. Amen.
(Invite a child to light the one white candle.) Why do we light this candle today and not any of
the others? (e.g. Lent is over, and Jesus has risen.)
Sing: “Halle, Halle, Hallelujah” (See General Resources Section online.)
We have a special word meaning “Praise God!” that we say every Sunday during this Easter
season. (Ask a child to read th