Treating Acid Reflux Naturally – How to Improve Your Digestive Health
Discover How, Five Minutes from NOW, Your Acid Reflux Can
Be Totally Gone & You’ll Feel Great Night and Day
Treating Acid Reflux Naturally – What Is Acid Reflux Without a Cause?
Acid reflux is bad enough if you know exactly what causes it, such as a hernia in
your esophagus or a weak valve at the top of your stomach, but many people suffer
from reflux or excess acidity without medical science being able to find any reason
The journal Gastroenterology has now published a study of these cases to see how
common they are.
The authors of this study investigated what they called functional gastrointestinal
disorders, which they define as symptoms in the esophagus, stomach, abdomen, or
bowels that have no obvious cause.
The researchers surveyed 33 countries across continents. Participants completed an
internet survey of symptoms in 24 countries while face-to-face interviews were
conducted in a further seven. Two countries did both.
Approximately 2,000-2,500 people were surveyed in each country with an overall
sample of 73,076 respondents; men and women were equally represented.
The participants reported their symptoms, their quality of life, the use of health
services in general and doctor’s visits per year, their diets, their living conditions,
their socio-economic statuses, co-occurring conditions, and so forth.
People with diagnosed gastrointestinal disorders were excluded
Depending on age and sex, they found that:
1. between 1.4 and 1.5 percent of participants reported chest pain,
2. 1.1 to 1.3 percent reported heartburn,
3. 0.8 to one percent reported reflux hypersensitivity,
4. 0.8 to 0.9 percent reported globus (lump in the throat),
5. 2.7 to 3.5 percent reported difficulty swallowing,
6. 4.6 to six percent reported other symptoms in the upper digestive tract,
7. 3.8 to 9.2 percent reported indigestion,
8. 3.3 to 7.8 percent reported postprandial distress syndr