ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULT OF SOLICITATION FOR SPECIAL VOLUNTARY
December 19, 2005
To whom it may concern:
WACOAL HOLDINGS CORP.
Yoshikata Tsukamoto, Representative Director
(Code Number: 3591)
(Tokyo Stock Exchange, First Section)
(Osaka Securities Exchange, First Section)
Ikuo Otani, General Manager, Corporate Planning
Announcement of Result of Solicitation for Special Voluntary Retirement
We hereby announce the results of our solicitation for special voluntary retirement from the employees of Wacoal
Corporation, one of our group subsidiaries, as announced on October 3, 2005.
1. Outline of Solicitation
(1) Who is eligible: Full time employees of Wacoal Corporation who are 50 years of age or older as of the end of
(2) Solicitation Period: November 21, 2005 - November 30, 2005
(3) Number of Applicants Sought: Approximately 300
(4) Retirement Date: March 31, 2006
(5) Preferential Treatment: Apart from the amount of involuntary retirement allowance to be provided under the
current rules, the Company will provide a special additional allowance according to the employee's age as of the
(6) Support Measure: The Company will internally establish a career counseling center, which will offer a range of
counseling functions, and upon request, individual counseling by an outside specialist at the Company's expense.
In addition, the Company will provide reemployment support to employees who seek reemployment through
external job placement companies.
2. Result of Solicitation
(1) Number of Applicants: 362
(2) Expenditures for
Special Voluntary Retirement*: approximately 7 billion yen
*Includes reemployment support expenses in addition to the special additional allowance
3. Effect on Consolidated Business Results
We have provided comments on the effect on our business results in the "Announcement of Amendments to the
Forecast of Financial Results for the