ACTIVATE YOUR INNER CITIZEN SERIES
BALTIMORE RAIL TRANSIT STOPS TOUR
A Look at Baltimore’s Experience
with Transit and Development
Saturday, October 20, 2007
8:15 am – 1:00 pm
Citizens Planning and Housing Association (CPHA)
With traffic congestion increasingly limiting the “freedom” of living far from work and
shopping, public and investor interest has been drawn to economic development around
transit stations. Join us as we tour six of Baltimore’s Metro subway and light rail transit
stations that are now the sites of new development:
• See Smart Growth and “Transit Oriented Development” for yourself.
• Hear about plans for development around other transit stops.
• Find out what you can do to encourage community-friendly transit-oriented
• Be part of the Baltimore-area transit solution!
• $25 registration ($15 for CPHA members) includes transit pass, bagels and
coffee for breakfast, and a box lunch.
• Registration required! Please fill out and send in the registration form on the
third page of this flier. Questions? Contact Maggie Potts, at
MaggieP@cphabaltimore.org or 410-539-1369 x 103.
Two Parking Options for Getting to the Tour
1. Park at Owings Mills Metro subway station at 8:15 am (free parking). Tour
will begin at 8:15 with bagels and coffee.
2. Park at State Center Metro subway station by 7:40 am (parking in PMI lot on
Preston Street between Armory and Metro stop). A tour leader will provide MTA
Day Passes at the Metro station so participants can catch the 7:52 am train to
The Baltimore Rail Transit Stops Tour
Owings Mills Metro Station
• Bagels and coffee provided
• Welcome and Overview of Tour
• Presentation on Owings Mills Metro Center development, currently
• Depart on 9:05 am Metro subway train
Mondawmin Metro Station
• See and hear about redevelopment of Mondawmin Mall by owners
General Growth Properties.
• Depart on 9:51 am Metro subway train