Brief introduction to the Virtuous Scholar, Ash-Shaykh
‘Abdul-Qādir Ibn ‘Abdil-‘Azīz
(may Allāh hasten his release from prison)
• Name: Sayyid Imām ‘Abdul-‘Azīz Imām Ash-Sharīf
• Born in August in 1950, in the city of Banī Suwayf, in southern
• He sought knowledge and memorized the Book of Allāh when he
was a child, and began writing in his youth
• He graduated from the Faculty of Medicine in Cairo, in 1974 G. with
excellent grades and top honours
• He then worked as a vice-chairman in the Surgical Branch in the
College of Ophthalmology
• He was accused of being connected with the assassination of the
Tāghūt (false deity) Anwar Saddat in the year 1981- but he was able
to escape from Egypt.
• He became the director of the Kuwaiti Al-Hilāl Hospital in
• He married a Palestinian woman, from whom he had four sons and
one daughter. He then married a Yemeni woman from the city of
Ebb, from whom he has one daughter.
• He then fled with his Dīn from Pakistan when they started arresting
the well known Arabs in Peshawar in the year 1993, and he headed
• He then reached Yemen at the end of the war of independence, and
he worked in the hospital of the General Revolution in the city of
Ebb, south of the capital San’ā’- as a volunteer without salary; and
then he worked in the special Dār Ash-Shifā’ Hospital.
• In April 1999, he was sentenced to life imprisonment in the case of
“Those Who Returned From Albania”- a land which he never visited
• He was captured after “September 11”, on October 28 2001, and he
was in the political security prison at San’ā’ for approximately two
years and five moths.
• He was then handed over to the Tawāghīt (false deities) of Egypt on
February 28 2004.
We ask Allāh to free him, and all of our imprisoned scholars.