CITY OF CAMAS
Union Status: Represented
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the
class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Under direction, to collect, audit and invest all City revenue according to established policies and
procedures; to perform a variety of functions involving financial record keeping; to monitor revenue
accounts to ensure timely receipt of monies; and to perform a variety of duties relative to assigned area of
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION STATEMENTS
The following tasks are typical for positions in this classification. Any single position may not perform all of these
tasks and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here:
1. Collect, audit and invest all revenues received from City departments and outside sources according
to City investment policies and procedures; determine amount, location, length and type of
investment; maintain accurate records for each investment.
2. Monitor revenue accounts to ensure timely receipt of monies; disburse funds in a timely manner for
payment to various governmental agencies and fiscal agents, and payment of refunds; prepare
adjusting journal entries.
3. Prepare, reconcile and maintain financial records relating to revenues received and disbursements
made including interest, property tax distribution and others.
4. Collect delinquent bills; prepare appropriate notices or letters; inform property owners and City
Attorney of delinquent accounts.
5. Calculate fees or billings that may be due or owing on property or by an individual; report
information to appropriate title companies.
6. Prepare and maintain spreadsheets for the distribution of property taxes received, monthly interest
revenues, Local Improvement District payments and other funds.
7. Assume responsibility for the collection of payments associated with Local Improvement Districts;