“CHEMISTRY GUESS SHORT QUESTIONS”
“INTERMEDIATE PART 2”
● What is lanthanide contraction?
● Write two differences of Be with its family members
● Name various classes of hydrides.
● Why does metallic character increase from top to bottom in a group of metals?
● Alkali metals give ionic hydrides. Why?
● Give four uses of nitric acid.
● Oxidation state usually remains the same in a group. Why?
● Give any two similarities and two differences of hydrogen with the IVA group.
● Why 2% gypsum added to cement?
● Give reaction of P2O5 with cold and hot water
● The aqueous solution of borax is alkaline. Give a reason. (2)
● What is carbonization?
● Explain the structure of CO2.
● Write carbon content in pig iron and wrought iron.
● Write two uses of sodium silicate. (2)
● How can borax be prepared from colemanite? Give equation
● Write names and formulas of oxyacids of nitrogen.
● What is iodized salt?
● Write any two uses of Krypton.
● What are Freons and Teflon?
● Describe two uses of helium.
● Why does the solubility of noble gases increase down the group?
● Why do the elements of group VIA other than oxygen show more than two oxidation
● Write down two chemical equations that show that H2SO4 is a dehydrating agent.
● Describe chromyl chloride test for chloride radical. Also, write the chemical equation
in support of your answer. (2)
● How has the octane number of gasoline been improved? Explain with examples.
● What are aromatic compounds? Explain with examples.
● Explain Markownikov’s rule with suitable examples. (2)
● Convert ethyne into acetaldehyde.
● Convert acetaldehyde into lactic acid.
● Give mechanism of nitration of benzene.
● Give reaction of benzene with ozone.
● What are alicyclic compounds? Give two examples.
● What are heterocyclic compounds?
● What is leaving group and substrate?
● Give reaction of Grignard’s reagent with CO2 followed by hydrolysis in acid medium.
● Give the mechanism of the SN1 reaction.
● Convert acetone into ethyl alcohol.
● Prepare acetone from calcium acetate.
● Write four