Important Questions 2nd Year English – By: Sir Abid Maqsood, GHS Alipur
IMPORTANT SHORT QUESTIONS (BOOK-II)
1. Why is there no life on the stars?
2. What happened when the wandering star came nearer and nearer?
3. How has the scientific method helped us in our fight against disease?
4. How has the scientific method helped us in production and preservation of foods?
5. Describe some of the superstitions still current in our society.
6. How does a mistaken ambition on the part of boys and their parents lead to the What place
would you accord to sportsmen in colleges?
7. Which are the two main classes of boys who fail in college?
8. How did Daiches spend his summer holidays?
9. Wishes didn’t come true in his life, write Daiches. What are the things he longed for but
could not have?
10. What did he do with his pocket money?
11. Why should the bad books be destroyed?
12. How did the writer decide to get rid of them?
13. What was the disease he discovered he didn’t have?
14. Why should he be an acquisition to the medical class?
15. What was the prescription given to him by the doctor?
16. Why did the manager come to think that Leacock had an awful secret to reveal?
17. What other blunders did Leacock commit after leaving the manager’s office?
18. After his misadventure in the bank where did writer Leacock keep his money?
19. Write a note on Chinese agricultural system.
20. Write a note on Chinese women.
21. What are social security benefits provide to the Chinese workers?
22. “It is the people and not the things that are decisive”. Discuss.
23. What does hunger mean on a large scale as viewed by the author?
24. Why is birth rate not so high in the more advanced countries?
25. Describe some great famines of the past.
26. How did Abd-al-Rahman deal with the governor appointed by the Abbasid caliph to contest
27. What did the Abbasid Caliph say on receiving the head of his governor?
28. What did Abd-al-Rahman do to make himself strong and to beautify his capital?
29. What did Al