BSIT Data Analytics and
IT department has completed a major review and revision of
BSIT curriculum in the year of 2018-2019.
• Among all changes, a new concentration of data analytics and
technology was created.
• A concentration needs 15 Credit hours (changed from 12).
• All proposals have been approved in Feb 2020, and will go in
effect in fall 2020.
Data Analytics and Tech Concentration
Intro to Data
• Data is one of the most
important assets in
• Analytics is the basis
of driving business
discover new insights
This concentration focuses
on technologies, systems,
and applications that support
analytical data processing.
Data related job dominate
job growth, especially data
engineer and analytics-
IT 3703 Intro to Data Analytics and Tech
• Overview of the analytics technology field
Introducing the complete process of data analytics, from
data preparation, modeling, analysis, reporting, and
• Going beyond traditional relational databases and SQL
• Concepts focused but with short labs on selected tools
– Google Data Studio
• Enhancing students’ query and data processing skills to
get ready for more specific and advanced data analytics
IT 4713 Business Intelligence Systems
• This course focuses on the historical data analysis and
reporting needs in the corporate and organizational
• The technologies and systems mainly support
– structured and historical data
– structured descriptive query
– multidimensional analysis
• Systems/tools in focus
– SQL Server suite: SSAS, SSIS
– Power BI