AGREEMENT FOR PAINTING SERVICES
1. PARTIES: ___________________, the owner of _______________________________
(“Homeowner”), hereby hires _____________________, a ______________ Corporation
with a principal office of ___________________________________ ("Painter").
2. WORK TO BE DONE: Painter agrees to paint the exterior of the building located at
______________________________________ (“the house”) in a professional and high
quality manner. Painter will strip off and existing paint that is chipping and apply two
coats of new paint to the shingles and all trim. The parties intend that the entire house
will be painted as stated above. The Painter will also clean any debris and remove all
tools upon completion of the work.
3. TOTAL COST: In consideration of Painter’s painting the house, Homeowner will pay to
Painter, the sum of $ __________ as described below.
4. TIME FOR PERFORMANCE: Painter will start the job no later than ____________
(“start date”) and will complete the job on or before ____________ (“end date”). The
parties agree that if the job is not completed by the end date, Painter will credit
homeowner the sum of $ _________ per day from the end date until the job is actually
5. SUPPLIES AND TOOLS: Homeowner shall supply, at their cost, all paint to be used on
the job based on Painter’s estimate of the quantity of paint needed. Painter shall supply
all labor and other equipment needed to complete the job, including sanding tools,
brushes, ladders, and anything else deemed necessary by the Painter to do a high quality
6. SCHEDULE FOR PAYMENTS: Homeowner will pay Painter _____ % of the amount
due in paragraph 3 upon commencement painter’s commencement of the work.
Homeowner will pay Painter _____ % of the amount due upon completion of the first
coat on the entire home. Homeowner will make a final payment to Painter of the balance
due upon completion of the job and clean-up of the work area.
7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: In the event Painter fails to finish the job, and