ICE FISHING RULES AND REGULATIONS 2015
NIPAWIN HAWKS ICE FISHING DERBY
SATURDAY, MARCH 28, 2015
RESORT VILLAGE OF TOBIN LAKE
FEES: EARLY BIRD ENTRY (PAYMENT MUST ACCOMPANY ENTRY)
- First Hole $50.00
- Second Hole $20.00
Entries received before March 15, 2015 will be allowed into the contest area at 11:00 a.m. by trickle start to choose their
fishing holes. Entries received from March 15 to March 27, 2015 may enter the contest area at 11:15 a.m. to choose their
fishing holes. All other entrants may enter the contest area at 11:30 a.m. to choose fishing holes.
Entries purchased the day of the derby are $70.00 for the first hole and $20.00 for the second hole. The hall at the Resort
Village of Tobin Lake will be used as the registration site.
NIPAWIN HAWKS ICE FISHING DERBY RULES
1. Saskatchewan Fishing Regulations in effect. (note that barbless hooks are mandatory and a valid Saskatchewan
Angling License is required).
2. Species allowed include Northern Pike, Walleye/Sauger, Yellow Perch, Burbot and Cisco. All fish must be 5 inches
(12.5 cm) or larger. This is a catch and release tournament. Please use a 5 gallon pail.
3. All holes will be pre-drilled. Bring an ice chisel to open holes that may freeze over.
4. The derby is scheduled for Saturday, March 28, 2014 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m..
5. Portable ice tents, tarps, windbreaks will be allowed . No wooden or lockable huts allowed.
6. Cash prizes will be based on longest fish in length to shortest fish in length. Measurements will be taken with the
tail pinched. In case of a tie, the prize money will be evenly distributed .
7. All fish whose lengths are to be recorded are to be measured at the measuring station located on the ice.
8. Derby contestants must fish in the area designated and will require to have his/her ticket visible at all times. Paid
contestants and derby officials will be the only ones allowed to enter the fishing area.
9. No motorized vehicles will be allowed in the derby area, except for