Monolith Tomography Study
Alfonso Gastelum Strozzi (hay vas agregando nombres jajaja)
The study of the mechanical propierties of a soil sample (Monolith) in specific
the interaction of pores with diferent substances, we propose the use of CT-
images and a Mechanical Computational Model to obtain a description of the
behavior. The image obtained from the CT-Scan would give us a model of the
behavior of the pore filling with the external substances but only in a set of
times, this is the reason for the construction of a computational mathematical
model to obtain a model that discribe with some degree of acuracy the behavior
of the substance in the soil. The model is based in a method call Smoothed
Particle Hydrodynamics, this method has the advantage of been ideal to solve
fluid-solid interaction, also been a method bases in a set of points with out using
a Tetraedal Mesh we can related the intensity value of each pixel (that is related
to the density value).
The principal objective of the experiment is the obtention of a modell that can
be use to described the interaction of different fluids and solid with the monolith
and how is afected for these different chemical compount.
The experiment has the objective to obtain a model of the behaviour of the
fluid-solid interaction, the experimental data objectives can be divided as:
1. Obtain a high resolution set of transversal images of the Monolith.
2. Obtain a Set of images with the pores been fill by water.
3. Obtain a Set of images with the pores been fill by fluids.
4. Obtain a Set of images determining the presences of different chemist
After obtaining the experimental data the model objective can be divided in:
Figure 1: Figure 1: Diagram of the acquisition system
1. Obtain a representative particle set model discribing the initial monolith
2. Discribe the internal force of the solid and the fracture limits.
3. Obtain a complete model of Solid-Fluid interaction.
In order to obtain a Data Set with an inc