Decorating For The Seasons - Summer
What images come to mind when you think of summer? For some it might be long, leisurely strolls
along the shore, for others it would be extra time with the kids, home for the summer. No matter
what thought summer provokes for you, finding ways to bring summer to your home decor is sure
to help you make the most of the season.
Here are some inexpensive, easy and fast summer decorating tips to add some freshness to your
home. Because summer is all about fun and relaxation, these ideas don't take a lot of time or effort.
• Paint is always a good option if you're looking for a way to freshen up a room. You can save
money and time by just painting the main focal wall. This can be completed in less than an hour.
• Instead of making new tablecloths and pillows, try a no sew method instead. You can wrap pillows
in a piece of material on the diagonal as you would a present and tie with a decorative ribbon. You
can use duct tape to make a quick, temporary hem on your old tablecloths or sheet to make them fit
breakfast nooks and end tables. When you want to make a change for the next season, removing
them will be a snap! You can then store things you need to keep handy but out of sight, in cardboard
• Flower, flowers, flowers! Even if you don't garden, find a way to fill your home with as many
fresh flowers as possible. A quick stop at the florist on the way home will give you home a fresh
new look. Add even more flowers when you are having special guests. They are sure to notice that
you went to a little extra trouble for them.
• Consider rearranging your furniture to make allowances for the extra in and out foot traffic you'll
have while the kids are home from school. Doing so will not only give your room an updated look,
but will also help you flooring or carpet to last longer by spreading the everyday wear to a different
• Consider purchasing artwork and accessories that are seasonal. This will not only help freshen
your rooms with the passing