Hour Exam I
February 8, 2005
Please do not open this exam book until you are told to do so.
You will need
A #2 pencil
One scantron answer sheet
One exam question booklet
On the scantron answer sheet:
1. Use a #2 pencil. Do not use a mechanical pencil or pen. Darken each circle
completely, but stay within the boundary. If you decide to change an answer, erase
vigorously: The scanner sometimes registers incompletely erased marks as intended
answers, and this can adversely affect your grade. Light marks or marks extending
outside the circle may be read improperly by the scanner. Be especially careful that
your mark covers the center of its circle.
2. This Exam Booklet is Version A. Mark the A circle in the TEST FORM box near
the middle of your answer sheet. DO THIS NOW! WE WILL ASSESS A 1
POINT (RAW SCORE) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO DO THIS.
3. Print YOUR LAST NAME in the designated spaces at the left side of the answer
sheet, then mark the corresponding circle below each letter. Do the same for your
FIRST NAME INITIAL.
4. Print your NETWORK ID in the designated spaces at the right side of the answer
sheet, starting in the left most column, then mark the corresponding circle below
each character. If there is a letter "o" in your NetID, be sure to mark the "o" circle,
and not the circle for the digit zero. If and only if there is a hyphen "-" in your NetID,
mark the hyphen circle at the bottom of the column. When you have finished
marking the circles corresponding to your NetID, check particularly that you have not
marked two circles in any one of the columns.
5. Do not write in or mark the circles in any of the other boxes (STUDENT NUMBER,
DATE, SECTION, SCORES, SPECIAL CODE).
6. Sign your name (DO NOT PRINT) in the space provided.
7. Mark only one answer per question.
8. When told to do so: Check to make sure that the test booklet is complete. There are
twelve numbered pages, including this cover sheet.
Academic Integrity—Giving assistance to