July 2021 Canoe Escape Inc-Vending Concern Notes
Summary: Brian Faulk purchased the business from Joe Faulk (father) in August 2020. Prior to the purchase
Joe instructed Keichia to remove Brian Faulk from all business correspondence approx. seven (7) to eight (8)
Also, please keep in mind that until you are a vendor (approved application, background check, signed
agreement, and paid fees, you are not permitted to house equipment on County Property. However,
consideration was provided to Canoe Escape by the director.
• Background refence inquiry below.
• Brian Faulk sent the partial monthly vending application via email to Keichia Gilyard on 8/5/2020
• On 8/11/2020 Brian was sent an email of what was missing; he also acknowledged the email on this
• On 8/17/2020 Brian wanted to know the status of the now completed form that can be processed.
• Brian sent a status email on 8/26/2020.
• Brian sent a status email on 9/21/2020.
• Staff provided a status on 9/25/2020
2. Canoe Escape Contractor Info: Note: When Brian Faulk inquired, he was technically not an
approved vendor. His paperwork had not been approved, the background check was not complete, nor
was the agreement signed.
3. Proof of Ownership
• Document provided on 8/11/2020
4. Background #1
o Brian sent the first background check on 8/26/2020
o The background check was sent to the vendor on 8/31/2020.
o On 9/8/2020 – Hunter’s background check came back questionable.
o 9/9/2020 – the status email was sent to Brian and he send a response.
o 9/15/2021 NCSI sent a complete screening on Brian Faulk
o 9/15/2021 Brian and Hunter were Approved. The entire background check took 15 days.
o 10/1/2021 Background check email Approval email was sent to Brian. (application and
agreement still pending)
Background Check #2
• On 12/1/2020 Brian sent a background check form for Roman.
• 12/2/2020 Brian asked if I could accept his wife background check from her company that is n