If you’re wondering how to get rid of mold mites that are infesting your home and property, you can make homemade solutions for small mold patches. But, for affected areas that are more than 3 feet, you need to call certified mold mitigation experts to safely and effectively eliminate mold mites.Learn how these almost microscopic pests can harm your health and discover some ways to get rid of them here. https://www.deepwaterco.com/are-mold-mites-dangerous-heres-how-you-can-get-rid-of-them/
Are Mold Mites Dangerous? Here’s How You Can Get Rid of Them
B L O G | D E E P W A T E R E M E R G E N C Y S E R V I C E S & R E S T O R A T I O N
ht tps ://www.deepwaterco .com/
Mold growth is already troublesome for
homeowners, but this common house
problem can be aggravated by an
infestation of mold-eating bugs known as
When you attempt to clean a mold patch in
your home, you may not always give a
second thought after wiping it out. But,
even a tiny patch of mold left can lure in a
colony of microscopic pests that take it in
as a food source.
Although they don’t usually bite like the bed
bugs in your bedroom, mold mites have
that may cause sneezing,
coughing, and irritation.
What Are Mold Mites?
Mold mites are tiny arthropods that feed on
mold. With an average size of 0.03
millimeters, these near-microscopic pests
are almost invisible to the naked eye.
However, by taking a zoomed-in picture
with a high-definition camera, you can easily
spot them. Mold mites are hairy, wingless,
oval, and can range in color from white to
Mold grows in warm and humid climates,
and under the same conditions, mold mites
grow in abundance. Although they can
often be mistaken for other types of mites
(e.g., dust mites and flour mites), the main
difference is that mold mites enjoy eating
mold and human foods that are high in
protein and fat.
They can even be mistaken as mold itself,
which explains why people think that mold
spores cause small bite-like marks on their
bodies. However, these marks are caused
by the sensory hairs that detach from a
mold mites’ body. These hairs also become
airborne, which can worsen respiratory
problems and allergies.
Mold mites easily migrate from one damp
area to another. The lifespan of a mold mite
is between 9 to 30 days. Within that period,
every female mold mite can have as many
as 800 eggs.
Can Mold Mites Get In Your Hair?
Although it’s unlikely, mold mites can get in
your hair. If they do so, they will not stay
and live in your hair as lice do. They stay