Tips to sell your home in 2023
It's difficult for even the best economists to predict the value of your home in the next 5 to 10 years.
However, we do know that some home improvements will increase their value more than others.
Here are the top 18improvements to consider before getting your property valued:
1) LOFT CONVERSION: Adding another bedroom, bathroom, or both by converting your loft
is a great way to increase living space. However, you'll need to reinforce the floor joists
and factor in the raised floor level.
2) CONSERVATORY: A modern conservatory can add valuable, usable square footage to
your home. A basement conversion is another option, but it's expensive and requires
3) GARAGE CONVERSION: Many garages in Britain don't even house a car. Consider
converting it into a living space.
4) NEW KITCHEN: If you can only afford one home improvement, a new kitchen is the best
bet. Keep it neutral and practical in design and make sure the cost is proportional to
your property value.
5) NEW WINDOWS: New windows can make your home smarter, warmer, and quieter, but
they should match the age and style of your property. Check if you need planning
permission before making changes.
6) UPDATED BATHROOM: After the kitchen, focus on updating your bathroom. Small
updates, such as new taps, shower screens, cupboards, and towel rails, can make a big
7) GARDEN IMPROVEMENTS: Installing bi-folding doors can bring the garden into your
home and make it brighter. Make sure to keep improvements within the parameters of
property values in your street.
8) DRIVEWAY: If parking is at a premium in your location, consider replacing your front
lawn with a driveway.
9) GARDEN SPRUCING: This can include painting the house, replacing the front door,
cleaning windows, and more. It can greatly improve the appearance of your home.
10) MIRRORS: Hanging mirrors in your entrance hall can give the illusion of more space and
light. Just make sure it's clear of clutter.
11) CLEAN AND DECL