Chapter 1: Strategy
• identify and prioritise problems for AI to solve
• evaluate AI deployment strategies – from third-party APIs to in-house teams
• plan budgets and timescales for AI projects
• build buy-in for AI and mitigate culture concerns
Chapter 2: People
• understand the different roles in an AI team
• structure an AI team according to your objectives
• source, evaluate, attract and retain AI talent
Chapter 3: Data
• develop a data strategy for AI
• accelerate data acquisition
• structure, secure and provide data
• develop a high-quality data set
• understand and minimise bias
Chapter 4: Development
• understand the advantages and limitations of different development approaches
• select a development strategy
• choose hardware for AI development
• address problem domains with suitable AI techniques
• evaluate the strengths and limitations of popular deep learning frameworks
Explore our companion report
The State of AI 2019: Divergence
to understand AI today, what’s to
come and how to take advantage.
MMC Ventures is a research-led venture capital firm that has backed over 60 early-stage, high-growth
technology companies since 2000.
MMC’s dedicated research team provides the Firm with a deep and differentiated understanding
of emerging technologies and sector dynamics to identify attractive investment opportunities.
MMC’s research team also supports portfolio companies through the life of MMC’s investment.
MMC helps to catalyse the growth of enterprise software and consumer internet companies that have the
potential to disrupt large markets. The Firm has one of the largest software-as-a-service (SaaS) portfolios
in Europe, with recent exits including CloudSense, Invenias and NewVoiceMedia. MMC’s dynamic
consumer portfolio includes Bloom & Wild, Gousto and Interactive Investor.
MMC Ventures Research
David Kelnar – Partner & Head of Research
Asen Kostadinov, CFA – Research