BYLAWS FOR THE MIDWEST SECTION
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR CLINICAL CHEMISTRY, INC.
ARTICLE I. Name and Organization
1. The name of this organization shall be the Midwest Section, American Association for
Clinical Chemistry, Inc.
2. The geographical area of this section shall include the states of Iowa, Kansas,
Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota in the United States of
America; and Manitoba and Ontario, Canada.
3. The constitution of this Midwest Section shall consist of the Constitution and Bylaws
of the American Association for Clinical Chemistry, Incorporated, which shall govern the
Midwest Section in all of its practices. The Bylaws of the Midwest Section shall not
conflict with the Constitution and Bylaws of the Association. Every amendment to the
Bylaws of the Association shall become effective and binding on this section.
ARTICLE II. Purpose
The purpose for which the Midwest Section is formed is to associate members of the
American Association for Clinical Chemistry residing within the geographical area of the
section in order that they may more effectively participate in the development and
promotion of the policies and programs of the American Association for Clinical
Chemistry and contribute to its growth and influence. To achieve these purposes, the
1. Promote education and training in the field of Clinical Chemistry.
2. Encourage and promote standards for certification of individuals practicing clinical
3. Encourage individuals practicing clinical chemistry to pursue advanced studies and
engage in scientific investigations.
4. Promote scientific knowledge of clinical chemistry through meetings, seminars,
discussions, reports, and publications.
5. Initiate and participate in programs related to the practice of clinical chemistry that are
of interest to the public.
6. Promote programs for the education of lawmakers and consumers concerning the
clinical laboratory professions in gene