The Mystified Murderess
1. Dr Trevelyan (20 points).
2. For the money of Frances and Loretta Nolan (20 points).
3. She was mesmerized (hypnotized) by Dr Trevelyan (20 points).
4. Guy Clarendon (20 points).
5. The fence who ‘bought’ Clarendon’s stolen goods (20 points).
6. Albrecht Hube substituted soap flakes
for the rosin in the box (15 points).
7. In the tower of London neighbourhood (5 points).
8. Inspector Herberts from Scotland Yard warned
him of police raids (10 points).
To tally your score, add the points obtained by answering the questions,
then count the number of leads you’ve followed. Then compare the
number of leads you’ve followed to that of Holmes (5 leads in this case).
If you’ve followed more leads than Holmes, subtract 5 points from your
score for each extra lead. If you’ve followed fewer leads than Holmes, add
5 to your score for each lead fewer. You’ll thus get your final score.